TOP 10 WEIGHT LOSS TIPS
1. Exercise/workout - Not only will this help you lose weight it will make you feel happier.
2. Drink plenty of water - Drinking a lot of water helps you stay hydrated. It will make you feel full for longer as well as making you eat less.
3. Avoid sodas - If you really want to lose weight, cut out soda from your diet. Soda has no nutritional value, but causes obesity besides other health problems such as diabetes, tooth decay and weakened bones.
4. Increase your protein intake - Studies suggest that protein extends the feeling of fullness more than carbohydrates or fats do.
5. Go for healthy food - Opt for nutritious foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables instead of junk and bakery items, which are high in sugar and fats.
6. Don’t skip meals - Skipping meals can make you eat more. Instead, try to eat frequent meals as that will curb your appetite and make you eat less while boosting your energy and speeding up your metabolism.
7. Control your craving for 10 minutes - Studies find the average craving lasts only about 10 minutes. So if you find yourself craving for a certain food, try to hang on for 10 minutes by distracting your mind in other activities. In 10 minutes, your craving will be gone.
8. Eat light - Revitalize your system with fresh salads, fruits, whole grains and lean meats.
9. Sleep - Our body needs about eight hours of quality sleep per night. Studies suggest that lack of sleep can disrupt weight loss plans by increasing appetite and signalling the body to preserve more fat.
10. Positive thinking - According to experts, low self-esteem is a major cause of overeating. Fill your mind with positive thinking.