*Please note that during the COVID-19 Pandemic, procedures may differ. Please call the surgery on 01244 680169, to find out what to do during this time.
Mental Health Matters
As Handbridge Medical Centre is part of the Chester South PCN, we have a new service we can refer patients into, you do not need to see a doctor to be referred into this service, just ask one of receptionists, they will go through the criteria with you and if you are eligible and consent they will boo kyou for a call from the Mental Health Matters team. The Mental Health Matters team offer counselling to help patients learn tools, coping mechanisms, and strategies to manage their anxiety/depression.
Please note you will not be eligible for referral if:
- You are currently engaging in psychological treatment with the Primary Care Mental Health Team or any other service.
- You are reliant/have an addiction to drugs/alcohol.
- You want to work on PTSD, trauma, or an eating disorder.
- You have symptoms of psychosis (e.g hearing voices).
- You are experiencing suicidal ideas or thoughts of self harm.