Chester Primary Care Assessment Centre
The Chester Primary Care Assessment Centre (or sometimes referred to as the "Hub" as they are the central point many GP sites to direct to) is located on the Countess of Chester Health Park in the 1829 Building. Patients must have an appointment and these can only be booked by invitation of a clinician from your GP practice.
These Centre's are used to treat patients who are confirmed to have, or have suspected coronavirus. Do not worry if you have been asked to attend, you may not even need to enter the building, and if you do every precaution has been taken to ensure the premises are clean, safe and secure.
Patients should not use public transport or private hire cars to get to the centre.
Directions to the Primary Care Assessment Centre:
- Head towards the Countess of Chester Health Park and enter the site at the traffic lights.
- You will come to a mini roundabout, take the first exit and then immediate right (following signs to Chester Primary Care Assessment Centre).
- Take the second right turn and then turn right into the car park, look for the white tent/marquee.
- Drive/walk towards the tent next to the building; if driving park your car, then phone 01244 385404 to let staff know you have arrived.
Arriving by vehicle:
If you have been asked to attend the Chester Primary Care Assessment Centre, please bring with you a mobile phone able to call the admin team when you arrive.
Please be aware that there are no toilet facilities on site.
Please have your vehicle registration number to hand.
Follow above directions and call 01244 385404 to tell the Service that you have arrived.
Admin will ask you for three pieces of information to check your identity:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- The first line of address of your address or your email address
- Please have your vehicle registration number and details of your preferred pharmacy to hand.
When the team is ready for you, you will receive a call back and you will be instructed to:
EITHER Enter the Assessment Centre building.
- When you come to the door of the building, come alone – you must not be accompanied by anyone else unless you require assistance to mobilise in which case you may be accompanied by a single member of your household who will wait outside.
- The external door will open automatically.
- The internal door will be opened by the centre staff
- On the trolley as you enter the first door will be a mask for you to wear during your examination. A laminated instruction document will be available advising you what you need to do.
- The team will be dressed in protective clothing. You will need to open and close your consulting room door this will be cleaned prior to and after you arrive.
- Once the doctor has finished consulting with you, you can return to your car and the doctor will ring you to agree how your condition will be managed
OR Drive into the “drive through” tent
- Remain in your car as the GP will be coming out to you to consult with you whilst you remain in your car.
- The GP will give you a mask to put on.
- Please place your mask in the bin provided once you have finished your consultation and driven out of the tent.
Arriving on foot:
Call when you have arrived (01244 385404);
Again you may be asked to EITHER Enter the Assessment Centre building. (Please read above instructions)
Or you may be asked to wait inside the tent with a door and you may be seen inside the tent.
- There will be a mask on the table for you to wear during your examination.
- A laminated instruction document will be available advising you what you need to do.
- Please place your mask in the bin provided outside the tent once you have finished your consultation.
What to expect:
For more of an insight into what to expect from Primary Care Assessment Centre's or "Hubs", please watch Dr Micklewright's very informative video: